1. Scrutiny of all new
projects proposed to be posed for external aid with reference to "inter alia" to
the sustainability after completion of project and recurring cost implications.
2. Carry out strategic option studies regarding financing of the project i.e finding out
which type of financing would be most suitable for the project.
3. Improve project quality at entry.
4. Maintain effective co-ordination with the departments implementing the Externally Aided
Projects and obtain information on the status of Externally Aided Projects for furnishing
to the State Level Consultative Committee/State Level Empowered
5. Monitor the implementation of the on-going projects, and sort out field problems with
concerned line departments, conduct periodical reviews and filed inspection and guide the
executing agencies for improving the performance of the project implementation and monitor
project expenditure. .
6. Assist in resolution of issues relating to the procurement, land acquisition,
resettlement and rehabilitation, staffing, vehicle requirements etc. affecting the
projects and bringing such matters before the SLCC for approval (if required).
7. Guide the project implementing authorities in -
(a) Formulating of annual plan
(b) Submission of claims, etc.,
8. Ensure adequate and timely release of funds to projects.
9. Watch the submission of claims to CAAA and reimbursements from the Government of India
against each claim.
10. Ensure that project covenants are
11. Pursue with the Project
Authorities for completion of accounts and data of project expenditure on annual basis;
reconciliation of expenditure with the Accountant General and also obtain audit
certificate for forwarding the same to the external agencies within the prescribed time.
12. Co-ordinate the visits of
the missions and participate in all negotiations with the aid giving agencies.
13. Act as a Nodal Agency for
interacting with the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of